Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter

Day before yesterday was Easter Sunday here in Jordan.  Greek Orthodox Easter is a week after Easter in the US so my cousin Karim jokes that it takes Jesus a week to get here from the US.  My family all went up to my uncle's house in the hills north of Amman and spent the day out in the country eating food =)  After we ate lunch my cousin Nadine and I and her second cousin Ra'oof went on a hike down to the natural water spring that farmers still use to irrigate a bunch of the land my great grandfather used to farm on.  On the way down we saw this pretty field of wheat and hung out there for a little bit:




After we made it down to the spring my cousin Karim came and picked us up in a car and on the way back to the home we saw these old caves that the PLO used to use as a headquarters of sort during Black September and the following civil war in Jordan in the early 70's. The gate is not actually locked so we spent about 20 minutes running through the man made cave system.  We ended up exiting through a different entrance than we entered from.



before we left we hung out in the tree house right by the people house in Dibbeen.  We're comin back this weekend to spend the night there and explore those caves more the next morning =)



No comments:

Post a Comment